Thursday, June 18, 2009

NorCal Pirate Fest

I'm off to the Pirate Fest in Vallejo this weekend. Me? I'm no stinking pirate! Why, the foul curs are rightly strung up by their leashes and set to rot in cages. Tho, I have been known to hunt them for fun and profit. I'm a maritime man of business I am, a merchant, a trader. I happen to specialize in trading powder and shot for ships and their cargo, but I assure you, I do it all legal like. I do have a license to hunt the enemy, and exact reprisal for wrongs they done me, and mine. And me friends. And their kin. Sometimes too, ye see, I have to act in self defense. And out there, on the open sea where there's nary a soul to come to your defense, and no law to call upon but wat ye brung in your own armory, ye may have to defend yourself a little, shall we say, pre-emptive like.

And those what have done successful trade on voyage, oft times are in a bit of a hurry to lighten their load and sail out with the next tide. I like to provide a needed service to those who needs move their cargo with speed, delicacy and discretion, and theys few indeed who can facilitate the trade better than I. After all, what everybody needs is for the right goodes to reach those in need of 'em, eh? Nobody needs to bide their time sitting on a fat cargo moldering in the hold, whether its iron, leather, sugar or gold. Trade is what its all about, not storage. As I always say, money is a medium of trade, so it aint money unless its changin' hands. if'n you're just gonna leave it lie in the hold, its just ballast, and that you can pick up free on any rocky beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment